Distinct Heating & Cooling is pleased to offer indoor air quality testing as part of our complete range of home heating and cooling services for Calgary homeowners. Right now you might be enjoying the fresh, cool, and brisk fall air and leaving your windows open during the day. But, with the colder winter months ahead, your home will be closed up until spring.
The air quality in your home can change from one season to the next. During the winter months, the quality of the air you breathe can vary from one room to the next, as follows:
- Bedrooms – There can be dust, dust mites, pet dander, and airborne viruses and bacteria in your bedrooms, reducing the overall air quality.
- Bathrooms – Household cleaning products, mold, mildew, and airborne bacteria and viruses could all be issues that affect air quality.
- Attic – Depending upon the age of the home, asbestos and formaldehyde could be issues, as well as dust.
- Living Rooms/Dining Rooms – Organic chemicals from furniture and carpeting can reduce air quality, along with pet dander, dust, dust mites, and tobacco smoke.
- Kitchen – The kitchen’s air quality is affected by cleaning products, smoke from dirty ovens and burners, tobacco smoke, pet dander, and dust.
- Garage – Exhaust fumes from vehicles, cleaning products, paint, petroleum products, mold, mildew, fertilizers, and so on can all reduce the air quality in your garage.
In addition, all areas of the home are at risk for carbon monoxide gas, unless you have working carbon monoxide detectors installed in multiple locations throughout the home.
Distinct Heating & Cooling highly recommends having your air tested with our 5-day Indoor Air Quality Test. This test is a comprehensive procedure that measures the levels of various airborne particles and determines what is in the air you breathe. At the end of the testing period, our HVAC technicians provide you with a detailed report and he will review this with you. The report even offers suggestions on various ways you can improve the indoor air quality, like with an air filtration system.
Air filtration systems from our Calgary furnace and air conditioning service company are designed to help reduce the concentrations of various airborne particles, such as viruses, bacteria, dust, dust mites, mold and mildew. Additionally, we offer heat recovery ventilator options, where fresh outdoor air is exchanged with stale indoor are at periodic intervals to provide your home with fresh air.
Both air ventilation and air filtration provide numerous benefits and helps improve the indoor air quality of your Calgary home. If you suffering from allergies or asthma, or are prone to getting ill frequently, or just want to ensure you and your family are breathing the highest quality air, then you need to consider air filtration and air ventilation solutions from us.
Here at Distinct Heating & Cooling, we invite you to call us at (403) 477-3810 to discuss your air quality concerns and schedule your indoor air quality test. We offer a wide range of solutions to address your needs, while also working within your budget.