Is your furnace unit running sluggishly or in need of a tune-up? Distinct Heating & Cooling can provide fast, highly efficient, and professional furnace maintenance services to Calgary-area homes in a cost-effective manner. Our HVAC specialists (who come with decades of collective experience) can get to the root of the problem quickly and confidently address the issue for you. We implement special inspection techniques to enhance the effectiveness of our furnace maintenance services, and we consider your home’s unique environment and its influence on unit performance when carrying out maintenance tasks.
How Our Furnace Maintenance Services Benefit You:
30-Point Home Heating Performance Tune-Up
An integral part of Distinct Heating & Cooling’s furnace maintenance services is our 30-point home heating performance tune-up, which is specifically designed to analyze every nook and cranny of your furnace unit. Regardless whether you have a modern or older model, this comprehensive inspection paints a clear picture to our skilled team about what is working and what requires attention. It makes our services more cost-effective by identifying problem areas immediately, reducing visits by helping us address and fix issues in as little as a single visit.
We are Journeyman Heating Technicians
Our team of HVAC specialists consists of all journeymen which, put bluntly, means that we are qualified, capable hands you can trust with your furnace unit. Our years of experience and vast knowledge of the ins and outs of heating systems make Distinct Heating & Cooling an entirely competent and professional choice for your furnace maintenance needs. We spot problems quickly and with great confidence, giving you greater peace of mind in knowing that we knew exactly what we were doing and what needed to be done. By working with professionals such as us, you decrease the risk of unwanted surprises in terms of furnace unit performance, expenses, and general satisfaction.
We Focus on the Details
Your furnace unit isn’t a solid block of metal that magically heats your home, but rather a collection of sensitive components that must work in tandem with one another to deliver the performance you expect. It’s only natural that necessary regular maintenance is required as a result, and regardless of how much work is needed on your unit, we’ll inspect even the tiniest details along the way. This dramatically reduces the risk of underlying issues being missed, ensuring that you get the performance that you need from your furnace unit for years to come – even if you have an older model!
We Show You How to Maximize Your Furnace’s Potential
In addition to carrying out regular and not-so-regular maintenance tasks to maximize the performance and output capabilities of your furnace unit, Distinct Heating & Cooling will ensure that you know how to get the very most out of your system. We’ll show you what we did to enhance your furnace unit’s potential as well as instruct on what you can do as a homeowner to extend its lifespan. This helps to provide you with higher value and satisfaction, even long after we pack our tools away and sign off on our work.
Contact Us Now
Part of our 30-point tune-up and inspection furnace maintenance includes:
- Checking for Proper Airflow: Problems with airflow through the ductwork create a strain on your furnace. The added strain results in shortened furnace life and leads to breakdowns and other problems, easily avoidable with annual maintenance.
- Reducing Repairs: Every winter, Distinct Heating and Cooling receives numerous calls from homeowners because their furnaces are not working. Most of the time, many of these problems could have been prevented with regular maintenance. Our experts look for problems with your home heating system before they occur and turn into major repairs.
- Keeping Your Home Safe: Furnaces use a combustion process to generate heat using natural gas, electricity, or other energy source while producing carbon monoxide. Furnace maintenance checks and verifies the furnace is burning correctly and there are no leaks in the heating system so you do not have to worry about the safety and health of your family.
- Increasing Energy Efficiency: Our furnace tune-up insure that your furnace as running at peak efficiency so your utility bills will be as low as possible.
- Protecting Manufacturers’ Warranties: Many manufacturers have a clause in their furnace warranties which stipulates you are required to maintain the furnace on a regular basis. Failing to do so, can result in your warranty being voided.
- Saving You Time and Money: Scheduling furnace maintenance services during the warmer spring and summer months is much better than waiting until winter when service calls are at their peak. It is no fun waiting on a repair person in a cold home without any heat. It can also be less expensive during the offseason.
Distinct Heating and Cooling provides maintenance and cleaning for all major furnace brands. Let our professionals take care of properly maintaining your furnace. Contact us today by phoning (403) 477-3810 to schedule our 30-point performance tune-up and furnace maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: How often does my furnace filter need to be changed?
A: This depends on the filter system that you have in place. Standard-sized 16 x 25 x 1 filters need to be replaced at least every 2-3 months. If you have a larger media air filter (20 x 25 x 5), these should be changed once a year. However, if your family or a family member has asthma, allergies, or if you have heavy shedding pets, your filters may need to be changed more often.
Q: How often should I clean my furnace?
A: There are varying answers to this question. Dust and debris can hinder the performance of your furnace, and cleaning around it and the internal compartment will help to maximize its efficiency. We would suggest that this is done at least once per year to ensure that it is operating as designed. However, the internal compartment has many components that require a working knowledge of them. During your annual maintenance, your furnace repair and maintenance professional will be able to tell you if the unit’s internal compartment requires cleaning.
Indicators for a dirty furnace and ducts:
1. Open one of your vent covers and look inside. Check if the inside contains any dirt, debris, or matted dust.
2. Examine the return air registers for dust buildup, particularly if there are thick and fuzzy coatings of dust.
3. Pull out your air filter. If the air filter is clogged with dust, then air flow is being restricted. This causes more dust to settle and build up in the return ducts as well as other areas of the unit.
4. Open the furnace compartment. Examine the blower fan, motor, and furnace controls for signs of dust. The more dust you see, the bigger the problem you may have.