Much like your automobile, your furnace needs routine maintenance to keep it running at its best. Performing regular maintenance will ensure that your furnace runs efficiently, safely, and reliably. We recommend getting your entire heating system fully checked once a year by one of our highly skilled professionals. We provide maintenance on all major brands of furnaces. Let the pros at Distinct Heating & Cooling handle your Calgary furnace maintenance. Contact us today to book your 30-Point Home Heating Performance Tune-Up.
Proper maintenance from a licensed professional is essential to conserving its safety, efficiency and your peace of mind. Most furnace manufacturers recommend an annual service and inspection by an expert and qualified technician. If a furnace fails due to inadequate maintenance procedures, in some cases the warranty will be voided.
By receiving high-quality annual maintenance from a qualified technician at Distinct Heating & Cooling, the cost of your utility bills can decrease significantly as proper, professional can often improve or maintain your furnace’s efficiency. Annual tune-ups also help to ensure the safety of your family by effectively testing and repairing carbon monoxide leaks or ignition flaws within the heating system. This preventative maintenance can also reduce the risk of furnace failure and sudden heat emergencies during the winter season when you need your furnace most. These small problems can often be addressed before they escalate into a larger problem causing your equipment to breakdown suddenly and costing you much more.
Feel confident knowing you are getting the best in industry furnace maintenance with our 30-Point Home Heating Performance Tune-Up. Some of the points covered during this maintenance check include checking all operating pressures are running up to manufacture specifications, safety testing for carbon monoxide emissions and other gas-related inefficiencies. We analyze the burners for appropriate ignition, and flame sensors. All filters are inspected and replaced if necessary. The blower wheel, all flues and vents are checked for debris. The drain system is surveyed for any blockages and internal hoses are checked for leaks. All wires are examined for any signs of corrosion or other damage. After our tune-up, the system is put through a well-detailed test to ensure its heating cycle is operating as efficiently and safely as possible.
Contact our team at Distinct Heating & Cooling to get signed up for reliable and professional annual furnace maintenance today!
Your furnace needs routine and regular maintenance to keep it running and operating correctly; similar to the maintenance you perform on your automobile. Maintenance services ensure your furnace provides reliable performance in an efficient and safe manner. Distinct Heating and Cooling strongly recommend having your home heating system inspected and checked at least once a year.
You may receive several postcards in the mail from other companies telling you to schedule service. However, what most homeowners do with those postcard advertisements is toss them into the trash because they do not understand exactly why their furnace needs maintenance. At Distinct Heating and Cooling, our professionals do not try to sell you service you do not require. In addition, our experts take the time to educate our customers on why they need maintenance every year.
There are several benefits of having your furnace serviced by Distinct Heating and Cooling. Annual maintenance is important because it maintains the efficiency and keeps your home safe.
Contact Us Now
Part of our 30-point tune-up and inspection furnace maintenance includes:
- Checking for Proper Airflow: Problems with airflow through the ductwork create a strain on your furnace. The added strain results in shortened furnace life and leads to breakdowns and other problems, easily avoidable with annual maintenance.
- Reducing Repairs: Every winter, Distinct Heating and Cooling receives numerous calls from homeowners because their furnaces are not working. Most of the time, many of these problems could have been prevented with regular maintenance. Our experts look for problems with your home heating system before they occur and turn into major repairs.
- Keeping Your Home Safe: Furnaces use a combustion process to generate heat using natural gas, electricity, or other energy source while producing carbon monoxide. Furnace maintenance checks and verifies the furnace is burning correctly and there are no leaks in the heating system so you do not have to worry about the safety and health of your family.
- Increasing Energy Efficiency: Our furnace tune-up insure that your furnace as running at peak efficiency so your utility bills will be as low as possible.
- Protecting Manufacturers’ Warranties: Many manufacturers have a clause in their furnace warranties which stipulates you are required to maintain the furnace on a regular basis. Failing to do so, can result in your warranty being voided.
- Saving You Time and Money: Scheduling furnace maintenance services during the warmer spring and summer months is much better than waiting until winter when service calls are at their peak. It is no fun waiting on a repair person in a cold home without any heat. It can also be less expensive during the offseason.
Distinct Heating and Cooling provides maintenance and cleaning for all major furnace brands. Let our professionals take care of properly maintaining your furnace. Contact us today by phoning (403) 477-3810 to schedule our 30-point performance tune-up and furnace maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q: How often does my furnace filter need to be changed?
A: This depends on the filter system that you have in place. Standard-sized 16 x 25 x 1 filters need to be replaced at least every 2-3 months. If you have a larger media air filter (20 x 25 x 5), these should be changed once a year. However, if your family or a family member has asthma, allergies, or if you have heavy shedding pets, your filters may need to be changed more often.
Q: How often should I clean my furnace?
A: There are varying answers to this question. Dust and debris can hinder the performance of your furnace, and cleaning around it and the internal compartment will help to maximize its efficiency. We would suggest that this is done at least once per year to ensure that it is operating as designed. However, the internal compartment has many components that require a working knowledge of them. During your annual maintenance, your furnace repair and maintenance professional will be able to tell you if the unit’s internal compartment requires cleaning.
Indicators for a dirty furnace and ducts:
1. Open one of your vent covers and look inside. Check if the inside contains any dirt, debris, or matted dust.
2. Examine the return air registers for dust buildup, particularly if there are thick and fuzzy coatings of dust.
3. Pull out your air filter. If the air filter is clogged with dust, then air flow is being restricted. This causes more dust to settle and build up in the return ducts as well as other areas of the unit.
4. Open the furnace compartment. Examine the blower fan, motor, and furnace controls for signs of dust. The more dust you see, the bigger the problem you may have.